We’re big believers in using data to inform business development goals. Goals and business strategies that use data are often more likely to succeed as they are concise and measurable. Setting definitive goals and making an actionable plan will empower you to accomplish all of your practice’s New Year’s resolutions. Owl Practice is here to help every step of the way.
These are our top tips to mindfully improve your practice in 2019.
Review the 2018 Trends Report
This report offers insight into the mental healthcare industry, based on aggregated and anonymized data from thousands of Canadian practitioners. Download your free copy here.
Working in private practice is appealing as you control of your own schedule, business decisions, and client lists. It can also be challenging or isolating, as you may not always know exactly how other private practices run. This report offers insight into exactly that, and helps you position your own practice competitively.
Analyze Your Practice
Once you’ve reviewed the report to see what is trending for other practices, spend time reflecting on your own practice. What works well for your administration, and what could be improved? Improving practice administration is a huge task, because “administration” encompasses a large variety of tasks. Here are just a few of the types of tasks we see practices wanting to improve:
- Session scheduling
- Room booking
- Managing attendance records
- Sending client appointment reminders
- Sending client appointment confirmations
- Writing session notes
- Formatting session note templates
- Managing intake and consent forms
- Invoicing clients or thirty party billing companies
- Processing payments and creating receipts
- Managing outstanding client balances
- Creating session summaries for clients
- Managing alternate contacts
- Calendar sharing for groups
- Tracking overall performance and creating reports on sessions, revenue, etc.
- And more. . .
Owl Practice can help you accomplish all of these tasks in one integrated solution.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Outside of client sessions, what do I spend the most time doing for my practice?
- Are there any tasks I find frustrating or inconvenient?
- What client facing situations could be improved to offer a more professional, streamlined experience to my clients?
- If there was one “problem” I could solve in my administrative work, what would it be?
Writing this down will help you draw new connections, and will also be beneficial to look back on at the end of 2019 when you reflect on your practice’s growth during the year.
Use this list to set your goals! Choose an area of focus and set a deadline you would like to accomplish this by.
Make a Plan
Once you know what your goals are, the next step is to break it into actionable steps. The smaller each step is, the easier it is to track progress!
If your goal is to transition to Owl Practice, your checklist would look something like:
- Review Owl Practice’s tour page and tour video
- Sign up for a fourteen day free trial
- Use the Getting Started Guide to orient yourself with your new account
- Attend a demo or webinar
- Prepare your client list for an import
- Decide on a pricing plan
- Contact us to start your payment plan
By breaking down your goal into an actionable task list, you can measure your progress and stay motivated.
Get Started with One Month Free
The team at Owl Practice wants to be your partner in private practice, which is why we’re thrilled to announce our New Year promotion.
To help you get started with Owl, we’re happy to offer your first month free. Sign up for a paid plan with Owl before January 25 2019 to qualify. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. Open to new customers only.